Pinterest

FB Pixel

Pin it!

7.9.14

Mission Complete!


My college education is finally "in the books" - Bachelor's in Elementary Education, Masters in Reading and Writing, Gifted-Talented Endorsement, and Rank I in Library Media... Mission complete!
Last month I began my thirteenth year of teaching and my third year in Kindergarten.  The third year in a position or grade level is really when everything comes together.  My classroom is finally organized, every container has a well-coordinated label, and I am embracing the new school year feeling efficient and effective! 

This summer I worked on my classroom library, studied The Daily Five by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser, and helped my team by developing a new Kindergarten writing curriculum based on the concepts in Marcia Freeman's Teaching the Youngest Writers.  For my final graduate course I developed a 21st Century Standards-Based Unit of Study on Consumerism and Economics and researched the need for "play" in Kindergarten.
 My TPT store is growing as I work to add units, activities, assessments, and calendars that are aligned to the Common Core Standards.
All of that work brings me here... to this blog and the culminating moment I get to share my work with more than my awesome team of Kindergarten teachers in Kentucky.  I am eager to network with teachers beyond my small town and share my experiences, ideas, and resources with YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment